Matthew HarwoodJungian Analysis, Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems
‘And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.’ (Anais Nin)
I am a senior Jungian Analyst & IFS Psychotherapist in private practice in the Bath & Bristol area and online. My initial training was at the CG Jung Institute in Zurich.
I am currently offering short-term psychotherapy consisting of 6 sessions (max). Please email me if you would like to check availability.
I regret that I no longer have availability for longer-term weekly psychotherapy which is open-ended.
Sorry! I have no availability to take bookings at the current time.
How To Bring About Change
As a classically-trained Jungian I’ve devoted much of my life to finding out what really works to bring about change. I’ve always had a particular interest in helping clients to free up the blockages that are making them feel stuck, so that they can break out and achieve their full potential. I’ve always seen depression, anxiety, and pretty much most other psychological problems, as being communications from the unconscious, rather than enemies. They need to be listened to, and learned from, not fought against and pushed aside. We’ve all tried the ‘fighting’ method and found that it doesn’t work!
Over the years I’ve completed a number of specialist trainings in order to enhance my work as a Jungian, especially:-
Whether it be wanting to bring resolution to ordinary, current, every-day life issues, or working to heal PTSD, trauma and the wounds of early childhood, I’ve found these two modern, cutting-edge modalities to be extraordinarily powerful and effective, and well-suited to short-term therapy.
- Stress & Psychosomatic Disorders
- Relationship Problems
- Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks
- Self-Esteem & Inner Critic Issues
- PTSD, Trauma, Early Wounding
- Suffering From Nightmares
- Existential Questions
- Feeling Stuck or Blocked
- Change of Career Issues
- Coping With Bereavement
- Finding Meaning & Purpose on One’s Life
- Addictiive Behaviour
- Mid-Life Crisis Problems
- Working With Dreams
- Individuation & Self-Fulfilment Issues
- What’s the difference between psychotherapy, analysis & counselling?
- Are my issues suitable for working in psychotherapy?
- What can be achieved with short-term psychotherapy?
- What does ‘Jungian’ mean?
- What are your fees?
- Do you offer supervision?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is your practice address?
For answers to many other questions please click on FAQ’s.