Matthew HarwoodJungian Analysis, Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems
At the current time I don’t have availability to take on any new clients for regular weekly ongoing therapy. I do have a number of spaces for clients wishing to come for short-term therapy (max 6 sessions).
Please Email Me if require further details and would like to check availability. We would book one session initially as a trial session, and you would have the option to continue with up to 5 further weekly sessions after that if you wish.
How To Bring About Change ….
As a classically-trained Jungian I’ve devoted the second half of my life to finding out what really works to bring about change. I’ve always had a particular interest in helping clients to free up the blockages that are making them feel stuck, so that they can break out and achieve their full potential. I’ve always seen depression, anxiety, and pretty much most other psychological problems, as being communications from the unconscious, rather than enemies. They need to be listened to, and learned from, not fought against and pushed aside. We’ve all tried the ‘fighting’ method and found that it doesn’t work!
‘And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.’ (Anais Nin)
Specialist Trainings ….
Over the years I’ve completed a number of specialist trainings in order to enhance my work as a Jungian, especially:-
Whether it be wanting to bring resolution to ordinary, current, every-day life issues, or working to heal PTSD, trauma and the wounds of early childhood, I’ve found these two modern, cutting-edge modalities to be extraordinarily powerful and effective, and well-suited to short-term therapy.
Typical Issues ….
- Stress & Psychosomatic Disorders
- Relationship Problems
- Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks
- Self-Esteem & Inner Critic Issues
- PTSD, Trauma, Early Wounding
- Suffering From Nightmares
- Existential Questions
- Feeling Stuck or Blocked
- Change of Career Issues
- Coping With Bereavement
- Finding Meaning & Purpose on One’s Life
- Addictiive Behaviour
- Mid-Life Crisis Problems
- Working With Dreams
- Individuation & Self-Fulfilment Issues
Frequent Questions ….
- What’s the difference between psychotherapy, analysis & counselling?
- Are my issues suitable for working in psychotherapy?
- What can realistically be achieved from short-term psychotherapy?
- What does ‘Jungian’ mean?
- What are your fees?
- Do you offer supervision?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is your practice address?
For answers to many other questions please click on FAQ’s.